Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Blessings of the Gospel

How has the gospel of Jesus Christ blessed your life?

God created man so that we could have joy. As I search for happiness in different parts of the world, I have definitely found it more consistently in the gospel of our Savior than anywhere else. While other experiences might bring me temporary gladness, even lasting memories, the strongest and most enduring joy I have ever found comes from living a Christ-centered life. He is, of course, the perfect example of charitable service as He selflessly reached out to everyone around him. There is indescribable warmth that comes from hiding a candy bar for my roommate in her room, or helping a stranger carry an awkward load to their car; to me, this is living the gospel of Christ.

John 14: 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


As the world around me searches for peace and happiness in the work place, the media, and social endeavors, I find lasting peace in knowing that my Savior lives, and that by living his gospel I never need to fear. I know that remembering the gospel of Christ-that we are always working to improve and grow closer to God-carries me through the darker times of my life. It helps me to forgive myself for totaling my parents’ car they let me borrow. It helps me forgive others who have hurt me. It clears the guilt that comes after making a mistake. It gives me strength to change. It gives me peace that I can float while the world around me seems to sink. I know that as we reach out to others, sharing the gospel of Christ, we can help others to float as well. 

-Chantelle S.

No comments:

Post a Comment