Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Consistent Obedience

"At times the wisdom of God appears as being foolish or just too difficult, but one of the greatest and most valuable lessons we can learn in mortality is that when God speaks and a man obeys, that man will always be right."
-Thomas S. Monson

Obedience is what makes my life happy. It doesn't always immediately put a smile on my face. Sometimes I am very happy while being obedient to God's laws, and at other times it is the most difficult thing I could be asked to do. But I have learned that sooner or later the consequence of keeping His commandments always comes. Consistent obedience leads to a consistent stream of blessings. Hard times still come but they always go as well.

Obedience really is such a small thing. The best part about it is that it is something that we are 100% in control of. Sometimes it is very difficult, but I am certain that God always provides the means to allow us to obey.

The last part about obedience that makes me happy is that it gives us a definitive answer to the question that Christ asked Peter: "do you love me?" Christ defined love as, "if ye love me, keep my commandments." It provides the means for us to indisputably prove our loyalty and love to our Savior. Someday, when He asks me that question, I hope to already have kept the commandments and say "look at the sheep and how well they are fed."
 - Spencer Y.

1 comment:

  1. It is a little scary that we have complete control over our level of obedience because it can be so challenging at times. Obedience to God's Laws is always the right answer, and always comes with promised blessings-always!

    ReplyDelete