Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cast Your Net

I have found the scriptures to be a constant source of guidance and peace in my life.  While I was serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, there were times that were very difficult for me and I was not sure how to keep moving forward.  During one of those difficult times I remember reading in the Bible the story of when Christ calls Simon Peter to be a fisher of men (Luke 5:3-10).  The scriptures say that Christ asked Simon to cast his net on the other side of the ship: “And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.  And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake” (Luke 5:5-6).  I felt that I had been toiling all night and that I had not been having any success.  The Lord was asking me to cast out my net one more time and I would see the blessings of His hands.  Many times in our lives we feel like we have been toiling all night and haven’t seen the fruits of our labor.  Frequently all we have to do is to try again; to cast our nets on the other side of the boat.  As we strive to obey and seek help from God, He will bless us with more than we can ever imagine. 

Barbara D.

No comments:

Post a Comment