Friday, March 14, 2014

The Gospel of Christ is a source of JOY

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me so much joy in my life. Whenever I feel I am going through a hard time, I remember that Heavenly Father has a plan for me. If I had to do it all alone, I would be lost. Sometimes life just doesn't make sense, but my testimony of the Plan of Salvation gives me hope. I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered and died for me. I know that he knows me and what I am going through more than anyone else. I love the scripture John 14:18, where He says: "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come unto you." I know that He is always there to embrace us with His love, if we only let Him in.

I also love Alma 26:12 in the Book of Mormon where Alma says: "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my own strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise His name forever."  I know that without the Lord, I am nothing, but with Him I can do all things. I know that every success I have had in my life has been due to the hand of the Lord in my Life.

I am so grateful for this Gospel. It makes me so happy. I know that there is no greater source of Joy than the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that through the Atonement I can improve myself each day! He does not expect us to be perfect all at once, just that we turn to Him for help each day, so that we can grow closer to Him and become better disciples.
Whitney K.

No comments:

Post a Comment